Addiction Nurse – RN JobSpringfield, OH
Why You'll Love This Job
The Addiction Nurse is responsible for working with patients in need of services around their recovery. The Nurse will work directly with all disciplines in managing and monitoring patients through ambulatory detoxification, stability and maintenance in medically assisted treatment (MAT), provider professionally tapering from MAT, dispensing services, medication reviews, mental status screens, drawing/organizing/resulting laboratory testing, conducting health histories, medication education, in facility nurse visits, infectious education and referral, medical case management, and crisis intervention. Multitasking is a must. Travel to multiple locations as needed. A good blend of medical, psychosocial, and addictions is preferred. Monday to Saturday hours and all six major holidays off.
Essential Job Duties:
- Patient engagement in ambulatory detoxification from initial inductions to office visits conducting medical/psychosocial/addiction/laboratory/drug screens/medication services for patient recovery.
- Maintain Infection Control and provide training to both staff and patients on the health & safety policies
- Comply with the BrightView Infection Control plan which includes personally utilizing universal precautions
- Maintains medication inventories.
- Manages patient medication prescriptions and drug administration
- Obtaining Prior Authorizations for Medications when needed
- Enters dosing orders into Dispensing software and statewide database.
- Case management and referrals to other levels of care, ie; medical/dental/infectious disease/discharge planning.
- Completes COWS/CIWAS/Monitor vitals while keeping the team informed.
- An active member of the treatment team by contributing to treatment plans and nursing notes.
- Engaged with the team by providing efficient patient flow and actively educating other team members on medical knowledge.
- Obtain health histories.
- Administration of injections.
- Participate in staff outreach and off-site health care programs as is necessary
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Comply with confidentiality policies and procedures including but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Complete documentation utilizing the agency's designated Electronic Medical Record
- Flexibility in traveling between different locations as needed.
- A productivity rate of 56% is required with Telehealth options available at other Centers a must.
- Reports to Providers/Director of Nursing/Charge Nurse.
- Monday to Saturday scheduling.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Education/Degree: Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Ohio Medication Administration certificate. Other Equivalent degrees
Required Certification/License: Registered Nurse (RN)
Required Work Experience: A minimum of two years nursing experience is preferred, ideally in a drug and alcohol or psychiatric setting.
Job Number: 5159