Why You’ll Love This Job
Brightview Health is searching for a full time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to service our Addiction Medicine facilities in Massachusetts! The chosen candidate will provide community-based care, collaborative psychopharmacology, and care management to individuals with dual diagnosis [psychiatry and addictions] and their families. The Psych NP will be an active and critical member of the Brightview Health multidisciplinary care team, assist other prescribers in promoting and monitoring wellness, ensure excellent care and provide evidence-based therapies to our participants and families.
Here, your voice and ideas are heard and actively contribute to the future of BrightView. Experience the rewarding nature of this work as you provide exceptional patient care. Your knowledge and skills combined with nurturing care will not only impact each individual, but their families as well. Come to work each day knowing you are making a difference in this Advanced Practitioner position.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job Responsibilities
• Mentor and conduct professional development activities in medical subjects relevant to the
• Participate in all trainings as required by federal, state, local, and accrediting agencies and
comply with all accrediting, federal, state, and local regulatory agency requirements.
• Develop and present training content for education on various medical topics relevant to
substance use disorders and general good health practices.
• Perform medical services within the scope of his/her education, training, and expertise.
• Ensure implementation of medical quality health standard for both patients and employees.
• Provide medical input into overall program philosophy, treatment services, and patient
• Provide a response to emergency care providers when they require consultation for one of
the program patients.
• Collaborate whenever necessary with other physicians, clinics or hospitals participating in
the treatment of program patients.
• Attend weekly treatment team meetings, as well as outside seminars and training.
• Hold a basic understanding of drug/alcohol abuse and addiction and keep updated on
current drug abuse and treatment information.
• Develop professional, helpful, and effective relationships with patients, team members, and
• Ensure treatment center meets all accreditation standards related to medical, health, and
Skills & Qualifications
Advanced Practitioner Job Qualifications
• Master’s degree or equivalent
• Massachusetts Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
• D.E.A licensure as required by BrightView
• Prior experience preferred, with at least 1 year of experience in addiction/behavioral health treatment
Job Number: 5614