Why You’ll Love This Job
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COUNSELOR
Are you a dedicated and experienced Counselor with a passion for assisting individuals on their journey towards recovery? We’re looking for a proactive and compassionate Counselor to contribute to our treatment team. If you excel in a dynamic counseling environment, possess a profound understanding of addiction therapy, and are committed to delivering quality care, your role will be crucial in shaping the future of our therapeutic programs. Join us in making a meaningful impact on the lives of those seeking recovery. Apply now and become a key contributor to our mission of supporting individuals on their path to wellness!
- CLINICAL CARE:
- Plan and conduct group therapy sessions and patient intake assessments based on clinic needs and best-practice guidelines.
- Provide crisis and de-escalation techniques.
- Conduct individual counselor sessions as appropriate to competency level.
- TREATMENT PLANNING AND PROGRESS MONITORING:
- Assist with treatment planning.
- Review progress towards treatment plan goals.
- COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION:
- Coordinate patient care with the onsite multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure timely care delivery, meeting performance standards, and ensuring a high-quality patient experience.
- Attend required meetings, including on-site staff meetings and multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Carry and effectively manage a caseload of patients.
- DOCUMENTATION AND COMPLIANCE:
- Timely and comprehensively document all necessary treatment data into the electronic patient health record.
- Follow adherence to all necessary regulatory and company compliance requirements.
- Attend required meetings, including individual and group supervision, and quarterly in-service.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly empathetic and compassionate to effectively support the recovery journey of BrightView’s patients
- Competent at working with a diverse population of colleagues and patients
- Natural problem solver, looks for solutions to best meet patient needs with a sense of urgency
- Team-player, able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary healthcare environment
- Adaptable and agile within a dynamic work environment
- Technologically capable, comfortable operating in multiple systems for communication and documentation purposes. Familiarity with MS Office software (Outlook, Teams, Word, etc) preferred
- Embraces BrightView’s culture of compliance – operates with a high degree of integrity and compliance to work standards and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with HIPAA and 42-CFR Part 2 desired
- Prior experience with harm reduction a plus
Skills & Qualifications
- Required: 1 year of experience in a relevant field
- Preferred: 2 years of experience in a relevant field
- Required: Consistent with state-level regulation and requirements, bachelor’s degree
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- REQUIRED: Active clinical certification or licensure consistent with state-level regulatory requirements, at minimum e.g. CSAC-S, CSAC, Resident in Counseling, LCSW-S, LCSW, LPC
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Immediately vested and eligible in 401k program with employer match.
- Company sponsored ongoing training and certification opportunities.
- Full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and accident insurance.
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program (STAR LRP)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year in related field
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment dedicated to your professional growth and development.
Ready to shape our future by bringing in top talent? Apply now and be a key player in our success!