Clinical Supervision Specialist JobChesapeake, VA
Why You'll Love This Job
The Clinical Supervision Specialist remotely provides clinical supervision, documentation review, training, and subject-matter support to assigned clinical staff. This senior clinician ensures the provision of high-quality clinical care to patients by engaging staff in routine clinical supervision, by teaching best practices via co-therapy and clinical observation, and by delivering regular professional development and training. The Clinical Supervision Specialist works collaboratively with the Regional Clinical Training Director and Regional Director of Operations to identify and deliver on the educational and developmental needs of clinical staff at the assigned BrightView centers. The Specialist also engages in routine patient care.
Essential Job Duties:
· Provides weekly individual- and group- clinical supervision to assigned clinical staff;
· Ensures and audits the use of evidence-based treatment approaches via live, technology-assisted clinical observation of services;
· Implements a comprehensive clinical staff competency program using Supervision Agreements, Supervision Plans, competency reviews, and Supervision Logs so that all clinicians are developing towards and functioning at top-of-scope and appropriately given their respective experience and license;
· Provides new-hire orientation and training as needed;
· Verifies the completion of clinical documentation to meet county, state, federal, and internal agency standards, including thoroughness and timeliness standards;
· Reviews and co-signs documentation for assigned staff;
· Collaborates with center leadership to ensure adequate supervision and development of clinical staff is provided;
· Routine delivery of various patient care services;
· Periodically visits assigned BrightView centers to provide in-person supervision, training, and clinical observation functions;
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
· Experience providing clinical supervision and ability to supervise clinical counselors;
· Knowledge of recovery, mental health, and other co-occurring disorders;
· Experience in working with addiction in an outpatient and/or intensive outpatient milieu;
· Experience in crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills;
· Experience with typical documentation standards and review expectations;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a positive collaborative relationship among staff;
· Management and leadership experience.
· Excellence in working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Master’s Degree required.
Job Number: 5995