Medical Assistant JobLancaster, OH
Why You'll Love This Job
About BrightView Health
BrightView was founded to give the people in our communities two things: help and hope. We’re changing addiction treatment by combating the disease of addiction with a comprehensive treatment approach.
We are committed to personalizing our addiction treatment programs to each individual patient. We believe anyone can achieve the goal of life-long recovery with the help of our outpatient services which includes Medically Assisted Treatment and Clinical Services.
We continue to grow our presence nationwide as we stay committed to serving patients and saving lives!
The Medical Assistant follows established treatment program policies and procedures to provide continuity of care and adheres to current medical procedures, standards, and practices. These responsibilities include utilizing medical skills for planning, assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patient needs. The Medical Assistant also must be able to perform laboratory procedures in accordance with current best practices. The Medical Assistant will perform duties within the scope of their licensure or certification, under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection of laboratory specimens consistent with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of laboratory supplies and a sanitary, organized work environment.
- Provide input on overall treatment philosophy, treatments services, and patient care.
- Prepare specimens for shipping.
- Timely review, posting, and dissemination of laboratory results.
- Complete patient vital signs, TB testing, and blood draws
- Consult team members on lab testing, results, and patient issues.
- Take pride in your ability to make a difference for our Patients every day.
- Responsible for maintaining all new and current patient accounts.
- Handle all patient inquiries regarding the program, appointments, and fees.
- Scheduling appointments for patients.
- Communicating with various teams regarding patient appointments.
- Ensuring patient accounts are current and in good standing.
- Ensuring billing information, including insurance information, is accurate and updated.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by site manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years prior experience required
- 2+ years of prior medical assistant experience preferred
What BrightView Has to offer
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Immediately vested and eligible in 401k - BrightView will match 100% of the first 3% of Employee contributions and 50% of the next 2% of contributions.
- Company sponsored ongoing training and certification opportunities.
- Full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and accident insurance.
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program (STAR LRP)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year in related field
Skills & Qualifications
Medical Assistant Job Qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
0-2 years experience required
Associate’s degree preferred
2+ years experience preferred
Job Number: 5301