Medical Assistant JobNewport News, VA
Why You'll Love This Job
About BrightView Health
BrightView was founded to give the people in our communities two things: help and hope. We’re changing addiction treatment by combating the disease of addiction with a comprehensive treatment approach based in science and evidence.
We are committed to personalizing our addiction treatment programs to each individual patient. We believe anyone can achieve the goal of life-long recovery with the help of our outpatient services which includes Medically Assisted Treatment, Clinical Services and Social Support.
We continue to grow our presence nationwide as we stay committed to serving patients and saving lives!
The Medical Assistant follows established treatment program policies and procedures to provide continuity of care and adheres to current medical procedures, standards, and practices. These responsibilities include utilizing medical skills for planning, assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patient needs. The Medical Assistant also must be able to perform laboratory procedures in accordance with current best practices. The Medical Assistant will perform duties within the scope of their licensure or certification, under appropriate supervision.
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection of laboratory specimens consistent with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of laboratory supplies and a sanitary, organized work environment.
- Provide input on overall treatment philosophy, treatments services, and patient care.
- Prepare specimens for shipping.
- Timely review, posting, and dissemination of laboratory results.
- Complete patient vital signs, TB testing, and blood draws
- Consult team members on lab testing, results, and patient issues.
- Complete timely and comprehensive documentation into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Facilitate timely and efficient patient flow for the duration of their visit.
- Maintain accurate new and existing patient accounts, including insurance and billing information.
- Perform administrative duties to support patient flow as assigned
- Assist with scheduling patient appointments.
- Communicating with various teams regarding patient appointments.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly empathetic and compassionate to effectively support the recovery journey of BrightView’s patients
- Competent at working with a diverse population of colleagues and patients
- Team-player, able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary healthcare environment
- Natural problem solver, looks for solutions to best meet patient needs with a sense of urgency
- Adaptable and agile within a dynamic work environment
- Technologically capable, comfortable operating in multiple systems for communication and documentation purposes, including Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Familiarity with MS Office software (Outlook, Teams, Word, etc) preferred
- Embraces BrightView’s culture of compliance - operates with a high degree of integrity and compliance to work standards and regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with HIPAA and 42-CFR Part 2 desired
- Prior experience with harm reduction a plus
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of prior medical assistant experience preferred
- Where relevant, Medical Assistant certification strongly preferred
What BrightView Has to offer
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Immediately vested and eligible in 401k - BrightView will match 100% of the first 3% of Employee contributions and 50% of the next 2% of contributions.
- Company sponsored ongoing training and certification opportunities.
- Full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and accident insurance.
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program (STAR LRP)
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year in related field