Operations Director JobNorthgate, OH
Why You'll Love This Job
Why You’ll Love This Operations Director Job
Would you love to work in an environment where you can build genuine connections with a
team that shares your passion for making a difference? Do you appreciate the importance of
diverse perspectives and collaboration? Are you experienced in human resources and financial
matters? Do you want to help shape the future of a growing organization? Take the next step in
your career journey and lead change in your community with this Operations Director position.
Step into a collective work culture and stigma-free environment with compassionate team
members working to build a brighter tomorrow for our patients and their families. Help us
shape that future and apply to our Operations Director position today!
Operations Director Job Responsibilities
• Fulfill Program Administrator Role as outlined by Ohio Administrative Code.
• Develop, implement, and enforce company procedures according to agency, state,
federal, and accreditation standards.
• Establish and maintain community relationships.
• Plan and administer managerial, operational, fiscal, and reporting components of the
• Ensure the safety and well-being of staff and clients through the development and
implementation of policies and procedures addressing health and safety accreditation
• Participate in the Performance Improvement Plan for client care, staff retention, and
• Supervise all staff and ensure they are assigned duties based on education, experience,
competency, and job description.
• Maintain a system for review and credentials.
• Conduct annual performance reviews of all staff.
• Ensure that policies for documentation in the client record are adhered to and timely.
• Complete all trainings for orientation/annual required by program, state, and Joint
Skills & Qualifications
Operations Director Job Qualifications
• 2 years of experience in a human service agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol
setting, which includes supervision of others, direct service and program planning; or
the equivalent experience required
• Assessed competence in administering and providing services to individuals, families,
and/or clients required
• Management skills in addressing human resources and financial matters required
• Ability to coordinate the organization’s services with other community resources