Why You’ll Love This Job
Psychiatric Medical Director
BrightView is an outpatient addiction medicine practice with 90+ locations in Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Arizona and North Carolina. Our mission is to deliver life-changing recovery to the communities we serve. By using medication-assisted treatment with psychological and social services, BrightView will execute our vision of making a meaningful impact on addiction treatment outcomes. Together, we can discover the path to a brighter future by practicing the values of RISE. Respect: We actively listen and seek to understand. We create a culture of inclusion by treating others with dignity, kindness, and respect. Inspiration: We inspire hope and transformation by living our GREAT framework. We invest in ourselves and others, igniting growth opportunities. Service: We are one team with a shared vision of success. We work urgently to deliver on our promise to our patients, partners, and communities. Excellence: We are committed to excellence in all we do. We earn our reputation by doing what is right and taking responsibility for our actions.
Company Description: We are a leading healthcare organization committed to providing comprehensive mental health and addiction treatment services. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals struggling with addiction through evidence-based practices and compassionate care. We are currently seeking a highly qualified and experienced Psychiatrist to join our dynamic team and lead the delivery of our psychiatric services.
Job Summary: As the Psychiatric Medical Director, you will play a pivotal role in leading a team to evaluate and manage the co-occurring mental health disorders in those patients with substance use disorders. You will be responsible for providing leadership, clinical expertise, and guidance to a team of dedicated psychiatric professionals. The primary focus of this role is to ensure the highest standard of patient care, develop and enhance treatment protocols, and foster collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction for the psychiatric line of service, ensuring the delivery of high-quality, evidence-based care for individuals with substance use disorders.
- Oversee the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning for patients with Co-occurring psychiatric conditions.
- Develop and implement treatment protocols, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and best practices in addiction and psychiatric medicine.
- Collaborate with other medical professionals, including physicians, APRNs, therapists, nurses, and counselors, to develop comprehensive treatment plans that address the unique needs of each patient.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and psychotherapy services as necessary.
- Provide clinical supervision, mentorship, and guidance to the psychiatric staff, including psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and other allied health professionals.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and performance evaluation of psychiatric personnel.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in addiction medicine, psychiatric research, and emerging treatment modalities to enhance patient care and outcomes.
- Collaborate with community organizations, treatment providers, and regulatory bodies to promote awareness and education regarding addiction and mental health issues.
Skills & Qualifications
- Medical degree (MD or DO) from an accredited institution.
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the state of Ohio.
- Board certification in psychiatry
- Board certification in addiction psychiatry or addiction medicine
- Proven experience in addiction medicine and psychiatric care, preferably in a leadership or supervisory role.
- In-depth knowledge of evidence-based practices, treatment modalities, and medications used in the treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, patients, and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering compassionate care and promoting patient advocacy.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and accreditation standards governing addiction medicine and psychiatric services.
We offer competitive compensation packages, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment dedicated to professional growth and development.
If you are a passionate and experienced Psychiatrist with a deep commitment to addiction medicine and the desire to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals struggling with substance use disorders, we invite you to apply for this important leadership position.
Join our team and help us create a healthier community.
Job Number: 5568